Platte River Power Authority is a not-for-profit utility that safely generates and delivers reliable, environmentally responsible and financially sustainable energy and services to its owner communities of Estes Park, Fort Collins, Longmont and Loveland.
Efficiency Works is a collaboration of common efficiency programs between the utilities of Estes Park Power & Communications, Fort Collins Utilities, Longmont Power & Communications, Loveland Water and Power and Platte River Power Authority (“Efficiency Works Sponsors”).
To manage product and service offerings, Platte River must collect and use personal information for efficient communications and business transactions. Protecting personal information is important to Platte River. Platte River highly values its relationship with you and strives to retain your trust.
Sources of information we collect
We may obtain information about you through various sources, including:
- Platte River’s owner communities’ utilities
- Third-party service providers that you choose to work with to facilitate your participation in programs and services
- Contractors we work with to provide programs and services to you
- Information you provide to us via phone, fax, email, websites, public events and social media
- Public and purchased databases
Types of information we collect
Information we may obtain about you includes:
- Utility account data, such as account number, account holder name, service and billing address and electric or water consumption
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address and phone number
- Demographic data, such as, home or building ownership status and household income
- Details about your home or building, such as year of construction, size and type, details about appliances and other energy-related equipment used
- Information about participation in utility programs and services, such as renewable energy programs, efficiency programs or other similar programs
- Username or ID and password for an account you establish on Platte River’s and Efficiency Work’s websites and their contractors’ websites
- Hostnames and IP addresses of website visitors
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the business of our owner communities’ utilities
- Share with third-party service providers and contractors who can determine your eligibility for and offer you programs and services such as rebate programs and efficiency assessment or advising services
- Promote programs and services to you
- Provide information and opportunities that may be of interest to you
- Facilitate your participation in programs and services
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Publish aggregated and anonymous energy usage data
- Prevent fraud and improve security
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Evaluate website use and improve website content
We encourage you to keep your usernames and passwords confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone contacts you and claims to be from Platte River or Efficiency Works asking for your personal information. Platte River and Efficiency Works will not request passwords through email, phone or text message.
Efficiency Works programs and participation agreements for other utility programs contain consent language to allow Efficiency Works Sponsors to share your personal information to provide Efficiency Works products and services to you. If you have entered into any program agreements, please refer to those agreements for more specific details on the collection, sharing, storage and use of your personal information.
Platte River and Efficiency Works’ websites may contain links to third-party websites. Platte River and Efficiency Works do not have control over personal information shared on any third-party websites.