5 easy tips to save energy (and water) in your home
As you start to use air conditioning, save energy, water and money following these five easy tips:
- Turn the lights off when you leave the room
- Unplug your phone charger and other electronics when you leave the room
- Only run the dishwasher or washing machine when they are full and wash your clothes in cold water
- Avoid standing in front of an open refrigerator/freezer door
- Water-saving tip: turn the sink off when you brush your teeth!
Your home may benefit from transitioning to LED lighting or installing a smart thermostat for heating and cooling. Efficiency Works offers multiple ways to receive rebates on efficiency products – learn more at https://efficiencyworks.org/homes/retail-products/.