New construction and major renovation projects
When building for the first time or completing major renovations to a business, upgrading to high efficiency equipment can prolong the life of the facility while reducing business operating costs for years to come. Efficiency Works Business provides guidance and resources to save energy and water, reducing costs when upgrading to more efficient equipment.
Efficiency Works Business offers rebates in nearly all categories of equipment upgrades that save electricity and water. Incentives are available for the following categories:
- Lighting (interior only)
- Cooling (controls, ventilation, evaporative)
- Building envelope (windows, insulation)
- Food service equipment
- Grocery and refrigeration equipment
- Office and IT equipment
- Motor VFDs
Click here to see incentive amounts by category.
To qualify, buildings must be a new or current commercial electric customer of Estes Park Power and Communications, Fort Collins Utilities, Longmont Power & Communications or Loveland Water and Power. Major renovation projects also qualify for this program. A major renovation project includes three of the five criteria below:
- The business is undertaking the project primarily due to a change in the use of the space, which requires changes to the lighting or HVAC systems. Example: warehouse space is being converted to office space.
- The space being renovated will be unoccupied for 30 days or more.
- Existing light fixtures are being removed and a new light scheme with rewiring is the result.
- The project requires a construction permit.
- First-time install of electric operated equipment in which higher efficient models are available.
Technical support and efficiency advising
Efficiency Works experts are available to help you get started or answer any questions you might have about potential efficiency projects. To contact us, send an email to Business@EfficiencyWorks.org.
If your project is early in the design phase, you may be eligible to participate in the Integrated Design Assistance Program (Fort Collins Utilities customers only). Click here to learn more.
Detailed program specifications and incentive requirements can be found in the Efficiency Works Business Program Guide.