Make the Most of Your Construction Budget to Lower Future Operating Costs
To qualify for new construction rebates, buildings must be a new or current commercial electric customer of Estes Park Light & Power, Fort Collins Utilities, Longmont Power & Communications or Loveland Water and Power. The new construction program also applies to major renovations. For the purposes of the Efficiency Works program, a major renovation includes at least three of the five criteria listed below:
- The business is undertaking the project primarily due to a change in the use of the space, which requires changes to the lighting or HVAC systems. For example, warehouse space is being converted to office space.
- The space being renovated will be unoccupied for 30 days or more.
- Existing light fixtures are being removed and a new light scheme with with rewiring is the result.
- The project requires a construction permit.
- First time install of electric-operated equipment in which higher efficient models are available.
New construction or major renovation incentives are available for the following categories:
- Air Conditioning (controls, ventilation, evaporative)
- Building Envelope (windows, insulation)
- Food Service & Grocery Equipment
- Office & IT Equipment
- Water (Fort Collins Utilities water customers only)
- Custom Projects
*Note that rebate amounts and requirements are subject to change without notice. Check the current version of the rebate application, which will have the most up-to-date program changes.
Our efficiency experts are available to help every step of the way. Contact us with questions related to your new construction or major renovation project.
If it's early enough in the design phase of your project, you may be eligible to participate in the Integrated Design Assistance Program (Fort Collins Utilities customers only).